One of the most common questions I get asked as a Play Researcher and Play Coach is, “How can I have more fun at work?” Based on my twenty years of working with adults across a variety of industries from banking to healthcare, the answer lies in first understanding our personal Why, what the Japanese call “Ikigai” – our life’s purpose.
Join us on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to explore the four aspects of Ikigai: What you love, what you are good at, what you can be paid for and what the world needs. Through a range of creative, energising, revitalising and thought-provoking activities based on Play Science (including Multiple Intelligences, Play Styles and Play Types), you will leave this session with a clearer understanding of your Ikigai to get you jumping out of bed each morning and ideas for having more fun at work when you arrive as well as ideas to enable others to do the same.
This course follows on from the Playful Leadership Foundation course and provides a refresher on core concepts covered in the foundation course as well additional concepts to deepen your appreciation and practice of personal transformation through play.
This course takes place in the beautiful play space of Chicheley Hall in Buckinghamshire, a stunning Grade I listed mansion as featured in film and television projects as Pride and Prejudice, The Meaning of Life, and Black Beauty. Chicheley Hall is also the home of the Kavli Royal Society International Centre, a venue for residential events. As the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence, The Royal Society is dedicated to promoting excellence in science and is a fellowship of many of the world’s most eminent scientists.
This course is limited to 10 participants in order to maximise participants’ learning experience.
Learn how to:
- Figure out your Ikigai using a step-by-step process
- Further explore the 8 Play Styles and identify your primary and secondary preferences
- Gain deeper insights into how you play through Bob Hughes’s 16 Play Types
- Further develop your understanding of the relationship between how you play and how you lead
- Articulate a working version of your Ikigai to get you jumping out of bed in the mornings
- Be more at ease with play and be more at ease with yourself
This course takes place from 9 am – 5 pm on both days.
- Emotional Intelligence through Play
- The 5 Elements of Playful Leadership
- Step-by-step discovery process of your Ikigai
- The 8 Play styles
- Bob Hughes’s 16 Play Types
- Psychology of interpersonal relationships
- A working version of your Ikigai
- Ideas for bringing your Ikigai to life
This course is ideal for individuals and teams interested in creating systems, such as workplaces, where people will thrive and deliver great outcomes. Suitable for progressive leaders and managers, organisational catalysts, Agile coaches, Scrum Masters, product managers, project managers, organisational change agents, HR and consultants.
The curiosity to explore and a desire to help oneself and others to become better every day.
About Playful Leadership and Portia’s work on Play
- Watch Portia’s talk on “Playful Leadership: Enabling Transformational Change and Have Fun Doing It“
- Read Portia’s interview on Making Agile Transformation Fun with Sound Notes Live
- Watch Portia’s TEDx talk on Enterprise Gardening on creating workplaces where we long to belong
- Find out what others think of Portia’s courses and coaching through LinkedIn testimonials
You’ll find the more details here.