Playful Leadership is a unique approach to leadership based on the powerful quadruplet of Play Science, neuroscience, psychology and coaching. According to child development experts, play is the most effective and efficient way of enabling children to learn, lead, collaborate and be at their best. It turns out this also holds true for adults, especially when it comes to organisational change, based on Portia’s 20 years of working and playing with adults in organisations large and small.
In this highly interactive and thought-provoking 2-day course you will experience the catalysing power of play and gain an understanding of how play can convert seemingly relentless resistance to change into joyful anticipation of growth instead. You will learn about the benefits of play firsthand and, with your new knowledge of play, create your own play profile, identify your play preferences as well define and develop your own authentic leadership strategy.
There will be plenty of chances to play, on your own and with others, with a number of tried and tested tools and techniques to articulate your life’s purpose and amplify your effectiveness in order to become the leader you truly want to be.
This course takes place in the beautiful play space of Chicheley Hall in Buckinghamshire, a stunning Grade I listed mansion as featured in film and television projects as Pride and Prejudice, The Meaning of Life, and Black Beauty. Chicheley Hall is also the home of the Kavli Royal Society International Centre, a venue for residential events. As the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence, The Royal Society is dedicated to promoting excellence in science and is a fellowship of many of the world’s most eminent scientists.
This course is limited to 10 participants in order to maximise participants’ learning experience.
Learn how to:
- Enable transformative change effectively and efficiently through Playful Leadership
- Create a play profile for yourself
- Identify an individual’s play preferences
- Contemplate your life’s purpose
- Define your own authentic leadership strategy
- Be at ease with play and be more at ease with yourself
This course takes place from 9.00 am – 16.30 pm on both days.
- The psychology of change including the Mind Monkey Model
- Emotional Intelligence through Play
- The 5 Elements of Playful Leadership
- Play Profile
- Play Index
- Play Preferences
- Definition of what leadership means to you
- Definition of your own authentic leadership strategy
This course is ideal for individuals and teams interested in creating systems, such as workplaces, where people will thrive and deliver great outcomes. Suitable for progressive leaders and managers, organisational catalysts, Agile coaches, Scrum Masters, product managers, project managers, organisational change agents, HR and consultants.
The curiosity to explore and a desire to help oneself and others to become better every day.
About Playful Leadership and Portia’s work on Play
- Watch Portia’s talk on “Unleash Your Play Brain: Play Your Way Towards a Happier Adulthood“
- Read Portia’s interview on Playful Leadership with InfoQ
- Watch Portia’s TEDx talk on Enterprise Gardening on creating workplaces where we long to belong
- Find out what others think of Portia’s courses and coaching
- LinkedIn testimonials
You’ll find the more details here.