Playful Leadership Programme
Playful Leadership is a unique approach to leadership based on the powerful quadruplet of Play Science, neuroscience, psychology and coaching.
According to child development experts, play is the most effective and efficient way of enabling children to learn, lead, collaborate and be at their best. It turns out this also holds true for adults, especially when it comes to organisational change, based on Portia’s 20 years of working and playing with adults in organisations large and small.
This programme takes place in the beautiful play space of Chicheley Hall in Buckinghamshire, a stunning Grade I listed mansion as featured in film and television projects as Pride and Prejudice, The Meaning of Life, and Black Beauty. Chicheley Hall is also the home of the Kavli Royal Society International Centre, a venue for residential events. As the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence, The Royal Society is dedicated to promoting excellence in science and is a fellowship of many of the world’s most eminent scientists.
Playful Leadership: Foundation Course
In this highly interactive and thought-provoking 2-day course you will experience the catalysing power of play and gain an understanding of how play can convert seemingly relentless resistance to change into joyful anticipation of growth instead. You will learn about the benefits of play firsthand and, with your new knowledge of play, create your own play profile, identify your play preferences as well define and develop your own authentic leadership strategy. Find out more here.
Playful Leadership: Practitioner Course
Join us on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to explore the four aspects of Ikigai: What you love, what you are good at, what you can be paid for and what the world needs. Through a range of creative, energising, revitalising and thought-provoking activities based on Play Science (including Multiple Intelligences, Play Styles and Play Types), you will leave this session with a clearer understanding of your Ikigai to get you jumping out of bed each morning and ideas for having more fun at work when you arrive as well as ideas to enable others to do the same.
This course follows on from the Playful Leadership Foundation course and provides a refresher on core concepts covered in the foundation course as well additional concepts to deepen your appreciation and practice of personal transformation through play. Find out more here.
Below are the provisional dates for upcoming courses. We will update the dates as we learn more about COVID-19.
2020 Course Dates
- Playful Leadership Foundation Course @ Chicheley Hall – 27-28 January 2020, Buckinghamshire, UK – FULLY BOOKED
- Playful Leadership Foundation Course @ Chicheley Hall – 27-28 April 2020, Buckinghamshire, UK – CANCELLED due to UK government’s recommendation to contain corona virus
- Playful Leadership Practitioner Course @ – Chicheley Hall – 22-23 June 2020, Buckinghamshire, UK – Tickets on sale 14 February 2020 – CANCELLED due to UK government’s recommendation to contain corona virus
- ON HOLD: Playful Leadership Foundation Course @ Chicheley Hall – 2-3 November 2020, Buckinghamshire, UK
2021 Course Dates
- Playful Leadership Foundation Course @ Chicheley Hall – 18-19 January 2021, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Playful Leadership Foundation Course @ Chicheley Hall – 26-27 April 2021, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Playful Leadership Practitioner Course @ Chicheley Hall – 26-27 July 2021, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Playful Leadership Foundation Course @ Chicheley Hall – 25-26 October 2021, Buckinghamshire, UK